For those who couldn’t grab five minutes to Google yesterday’s fake v. real wine labels quiz, here are the answers:
1. Train Wreck Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley (California). REAL. Website
2. Naked Winery Dominatrix Pinot Noir (Oregon). REAL. Website
3. Bullwinkus Shiraz. BULL winkus. But how many of you thought of Bullwinkle and smiled?
4. Naked Winery Foreplay Chardonnay (Oregon). REAL. Lots of creative fodder and giggles on this website.
5. Bonny Doon Le Cigare Volant (Flying Cigar) White. REAL. Randall Grahm never fails to provide a creative spin on the wine business. Website
6. Don’t Spit, Swallow Red. FAKE. But some winery should have the balls to present that one to the TTB for government approval. I dare you.
7. Tait the Ball Buster Shiraz Barossa Valley (Australia). REAL.
8. Elephant on a Tightrope Vin de Pays D’Oc (France). REAL. This clever brand out of southern France helps support the wildlife of Africa. Website
9. Return of the Living Red from Redheads Wine, McLaren Vale (Australia). REAL. May not be made anymore but the name should live on.
10. Jessie’s Grove Winery Earth, Zin and Fire Lodi (California). REAL. Think I’m going to have to seek this one out… anyone who likes EWF can’t be all bad. Website