The Daily Meal has published their 2014 best 101 restaurants in the country. Created by 100 different judges from food critics to food writers, this list pretty efficiently narrows down the go-to culinary geniuses in this land of ours. I found it so thorough that I had to publish at least the top 20. See the full list here.
1. Le Bernardin, New York
2. Eleven Madison Park, New York
3. The French Laundry, Yountville, Calif.
4. Per Se, New York
5. Chez Panisse, Berkeley
6. Alinea, Chicago, Ill.
7. Daniel, New York
8. Animal, Los Angeles
9. Momofuku Ssäm Bar, New York
10. Blue Hill at Stone Barns, Pocantico Hills, N.Y.
11. Commander’s Palace, New Orleans, La.
12. Husk, Charleston, S.C.
13. Blackbird, Chicago, Ill.
14. Le Pigeon, Portland, Ore.
15. Galatoire’s, New Orleans, La.
16. Gramercy Tavern, New York
17. Jean Georges, New York
18. State Bird Provisions, San Francisco
19. Bazaar, Los Angeles
20. Girl & the Goat, Chicago, Ill.